Gartner Group on Windows NT 5.0
A long time promoter of Microsoft, Gartner Group takes a look at
Windows NT 5.0 and comes up with predictions.
Gartner Group, the premier IT research and consulting group to the Fortune 500
set has laid out its predictions for NT 5.0, and they don't jive too well with
what Microsoft has been telling us.
Garner Group's previously "convert everything to Microsoft" attitude adds
weight to these less than optimistic projections.
- A fully stable version of 5.0 won't be out until mid 2000.
- A version suitable for production environments won't be out until early
- Fewer than 5% of NT desktops will be version 5.0 by the end of 2000.
- Less than 50% of NT desktops will be version 5.0 by the end of 2003.
- NT is too expensive for the desktop
©:Andrew Grygus - Automation Access
- www.aaxnet.com - email@example.com
All linked pages are copyright © the original creator.
Network Consulting Service -
Internet Service Provider -
Web Page Design and Hosting
All trademarks and trade names are recognized as property of their owners