Windows NT Superior to Linux
Microsoft funds "Independent" benchmarks of Linux vs.
Windows NT to assure "correct" result.
"Independent" Research company Mindcraft Inc. has completed a study that
"proves" NT is 2.5 times faster than Linux at file serving and 3.7 times
faster as a web server.
So how did Mindcraft come up with results completely at odds with the rest of
the world? By using the same rigorous scientific methods Apple used
to prove the iMac is way faster than a Pentium - cripple the one that's
supposed to lose.
You can bet the NT configuration was optimized by the best technicians
Microsoft could provide.
- Both NT and Linux were run from the same hard disk, NT at the edge where
data transfers would be 1.5 to 2 times faster.
- "bdflush" and "system cache size" were not adjusted to improve Linux
performance for the applications tested. Correct adjustment would have
doubled Linux's performance.
- The clients were all Windows95/98 which favors NT. NT clients would have
- "widelinks" was set to "no", crippling Samba server performance.
- The Apache Web server had "KeepAlive" turned off, and other parameters
were in "less than optimal" configurations.
- The Linux system appears to have been set to run out of file handles.
©:Andrew Grygus - Automation Access
- www.aaxnet.com - email@example.com
All linked pages are copyright © the original creator.
Network Consulting Service -
Internet Service Provider -
Web Page Design and Hosting
All trademarks and trade names are recognized as property of their owners