News for business people about using Linux in business.
- Mexico City Dumps Windows
- Linux makes better business sense - 12-Mar-01
- Internet TV Powered by Linux
- HDTV + Web Browsing - 11-Mar-01
- IBM installs S/390 Web Server
- Running 1,500 instances of Linux.
- Caldera / SCO Road Show
- Merging Linux with Unix.
- Red Hat Releases Junky 7.0
- Management says, basically, "buyer beware".
- Big Law Firm Goes Linux
- Linux top to bottom, servers and desktop - 12 May 00
- Boeing Evaluates Linux
- shows the difficulty of capturing the desktop. - 2 May 00
- Linux for IBM S390 Mainframe
- proves unexpectedly popular - 01 May 00
- SAS to port to Linux
- major enterprise software firm joins rising tide. - Mar 00
- Motorola HA Linux Announced
- Goal is "five nines" (99.999% uptime) for telecommunications equipment. - Mar 00
- Real Networks Bundles Server for Linux
- Streaming media firm's Server/Player bundle for Linux to be promoted for
enterprise and Internet Service Providers. - Mar 00
- TurboLinux Signs World's Largest Linux Deal
- 20,000 Sanyo medical workstations to be powered by TurboLinux. - Oct-99
- Microsoft is organizing anti-Linux "tiger team"
- A blatantly obvious help wanted advertisement on Microsoft's web site offers a
position for an anti-Linux marketing spinmeister. - May 99
- Burlington Coat Goes All Linux
- Rolling out new technology to all the stores. - Apr 99
- IBM Rethinks Linux Strategy
- Unexpectedly heavy interest from enterprise clients has caused IBM to abandon
its "free with no support" strategy in favor of plans that will bring in
income from Linux support. - Jan 99
- Linux Kernel 2.2.0 - The "Enterprise Kernel"
- Improved scalability and performance will allow Linux to climb the same
enterprise ladder Microsoft aims to climb with Windows 2000. - Jan 99
- Microsoft Plots Anti-Linux Strategy
- Internal documents called "Halloween I" and "Halloween II" have been captured
by Linux forces. These are not official Microsoft policy yet (we think), but
suggestions from staff that expose Microsoft's thinking. - Nov 98
- Bill Gates' Home Town Chooses Linux!
- Swamped by the paperwork (40,000 pages) generated by construction of
Bill Gates' high tech super-mansion, the town of Medina Washington needed an
affordable solution. - 98
- Linux Makes Microsoft's Official "Enemies List"
- Many thought Linux would never make the "Big Time", but you can't get much
bigger than Microsoft considering you a serious threat, can you? - 98
- OCT 1998 - Intel Invests in Linux!
- One half of the "Wintel" duopoly breaks ranks and buys into a competing
operating system - Linux. - Oct 98
- Database "Big Guns" Back Linux
- One by one, the big enterprise database companies line up behind Linux.
You can't ask for more credible evidence that Linux can make it in the
corporate business world. - Q4 98
- Linux Renders Titanic
- Blow the budget, blow the schedule, or use Linux. Which would you choose?
- U.S. Postal Service runs Linux
- "Windows NT Only" policy apparently doesn't extend to applications that
require really high performance and reliability. - 98
- Automation Access
Network Consulting Service -
Internet Service Provider -
Web Page Design and Hosting
All trademarks and trade names are recognized as property of their owners